CUPE Local 59 Executive has co-ordinated a Pre-Retirement Planning Presentation by the Benefits Section from the City of Saskatoon.
The presentation is approximately two hours in length. The content is geared towards members of CUPE 59 who are considering retirement within the next five years but all CUPE 59 members are welcome. Please feel free to bring your spouse or partner. Members will learn about:
- Planning for retirement
- Choosing your retirement date
- How your retirement benefit is calculated under the City of Saskatoon General Superannuation Plan
- Steps in the retirement process
- Retirement benefit payment options
- Options for continuing group life insurance and Blue Cross Benefits
- Provincial and federal income taxes,
- Severance payouts; and
- Old Age Security and updated Canada Pension Plan benefits
This presentation will be held at City Council Chambers, City Hall on Wednesday, March 14, 2018
from 5:15 pm – 7:15 pm. Pizza and refreshments will be provided.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-652-6963 before Wednesday, March 7, 2018.
If you have any questions, please call the CUPE 59 office at 306-652-6963 or Stan Macala, President at 306-230-1170
Click here for more info RetirementSession2018Mar